Asking questions like:
- Where did you buy your ____________?
- How often do you buy ___________?
- Which brand do you prefer?
Prospects lose interest after hearing too many ordinary closed-ended questions.
There is a MUCH better question you can ask – to get the info you need.
The key to getting the best answers:
Keep questions open-ended.
Your initial question can establish rapport, trust and respect.
If they trust and like you they are more likely to buy.
You can get to know their needs and wants better if you ask the right questions.
These would be fact finding – open-ended questions.
Examples – good open-ended questions:
- “What went into the decision to purchase your copier?”
(NOT “why did you buy that copier” which puts them on the defensive.)
- “How are you currently handling back order situations?”
(NOT “do you have a second source in case you have a back order situation?”)
- “How would you describe that experience?”
With these questions you can uncover information that will allow you to come back on a follow up appointment and have the information that can motivate them to purchase.
Looking for more ideas on the best questions to ask?
You will learn how to ask questions that get the information you need – in the shortest amount of time, when you are part of my e-course.
In this 4-week one-to-one coaching I will work with you privately to help you create opening statements that can eliminate rejection, create trust and earn new business for you in the next 28 days.
Because this e-Course includes 4 weeks of once-a-week private sales training & coaching where I will work personally with you, the course is limited to the first 10 who register.
Your BTA Educational Discount applies for this e-Course!
When you join me in this one-to-one Sales Success e-Course,
• Learn how to create your own unique opening statement which will motivate prospects to become more interested and end up in more sales for you and
• Use authentic words that will cause the prospect to trust you and feel that you are there to help her rather than “just get the sale.”
• Find out exactly how to create trust during the first call.
• Learn the 4 words never to say at the beginning of your outbound phone calls.
• Discover specific questions to ask the prospect that will motivate her to think and share important information you need to move forward with the sale.
• And much, much more.
To register and/or have a conversation about your goals, please phone me at 757.463.0924 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks for reading -here’s wishing you a cool and happy day!
PS: Your BTA Educational Discount applies for this e-Course!